Get your complete lab services at Grand River Medical Group in Dubuque, Iowa. Our accredited facility provides patients with ease when getting lab work completed prior to their doctor's appointment. Lab services are offered at many of our clinic locations.
Screening & Diagnosis
Our lab provides comprehensive services to patients of all ages. Including screening and diagnostic lab testing. Here is a list of some common tests performed in our lab.
- Coagulation (common for those on blood thinners)
- Comprehensive metabolic panel
- Diabetes testing (A1C, Glucose)
- Electrolytes (muscle pain or weakness)
- Kidney/Liver function
- Lead testing
- Thyroid function
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI)
Our lab is not limited to only these test. We can complete any lab work for you with an order from your doctor.
Planning for your visit
Ask your receptionist or nurse a few questions to ensure a successful visit to the lab.
- Confirm the location, ask if lab services are offered in the same clinic as your doctor's appointment.
- Check if you need to fast for the lab service.
- Confirm your appointment time- we ask you come at your scheduled time.
- Bring your health insurance card.
- We will verify your name, address and date of birth at check-in.
Not a current patient?
- Bring a copy of your signed lab order with you.
- Bring a copy of your insurance card.
- Bring a photo ID or your driver's license.
Some tests require advanced testing and cannot be performed in our lab. When this happens we will collect the specimen (blood, urine, etc.) and send it to one of our lab partners for testing. We partner with a local lab organization, United Clinical Laboratories and a national organization, LabCorp. Pathology services are provided by Pathology Associates, P.C..
Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
COLA, Inc., a national healthcare accreditation organization
Grand River Medical Group contracts with Pathology Associates for our Lab Medical Director.