What is a primary care provider?
A primary care provider (PCP) is your first contact when visiting the doctors office. Your PCP at Grand River Medical Group can be a physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant. We provide care to patients of all ages in various specialties including, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. No matter what your age, we are confident you will find a doctor that fits your specific wants and needs.
What does your PCP do?
Your PCP provides many services including:
- Diagnosis and Treatment of common illnesses & injuries
- Health & Nutrition counseling
- Management of chronic (long-term) conditions
- Preventative Screenings, including your annual check-up/well-child exam
- Referrals to specialty care as needed
- Treatment of acute illness/injury
Primary Care Specialties
Find the right PCP with the experience that fits your needs. PCP's specialize in:
Choose what PCP is right for you.
There is a variety of education level and degrees that a health care provider can earn. At Grand River Medical Group our physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants are all board eligible or board certified in their specialty. Your PCP may be a:
- Doctor of medicine (MD/DO): Physician with traditional medical training, including four years of medical school, specialty specific residency and fellowship training program as applicable.
- Physician assistant (PA): Medical professional with a master’s degree and advanced clinical training to practice general medicine.
- Nurse practitioner (NP): Medical professional with a master’s or doctorate degree and advanced clinical training.
Same Day Appointments
Not feeling well? Visit the doctor's office you know and trust. No one knows you better than your primary care provider. Don't wait in the busy urgent care waiting room or over pay for an unnecessary ER visit. Contact your PCP clinic and talk to a nurse/receptionist about your symptoms. If your symptoms can be treated in our office we will schedule a same day appointment that fits your schedule. We also offer same day appointments at our Acute Clinic located inside the NW Arterial Hy-Vee.