Sports Physical & Well-Child Exam
If your child needs their annual physical before heading to school in the Fall, contact our Pediatric or Family Medicine Clinic.
What happens during the well-child exam?
During your child's annual exam their doctor will:
- Analyze risk based on family history
- Assess behavioral issues
- Complete a comprehensive examination
- Provide guidance and education on the major changes that happen as a child matures
- Test your child for anemia (low iron level) with a hemoglobin screening
- Discuss your child's weight and provide any testing for concerns of cholesterol levels or diabetes
- Provide vaccines recommend for their age (parental consent required for patients 17 years of age and younger)
Why does a sports physical not replace a well-child exam?
When your child goes to a pop-up clinic, chiropractor, or urgent care facility for their sports physical they may not receive a total head to toe exam. Many times, these clinics and services are an added convenience for you and your child. They should not replace your child's annual exam with their pediatrician or family doctor.
Need your child's form as soon as possible?
Contact your child's primary care provider to check for appointment availability. For those immediate needs after-hours, we offer sports physicals at our Urgent Care and Acute Clinic location for $35. When completed at one of these locations you should follow up with your primary care provider to schedule a full annual exam too.