A Letter To Our Patients, March 28, 2020.
Dear Valued Patient,
Grand River Medical Group continues to monitor the ongoing situation with coronavirus (COVID-19). The health and safety of our patients and the community is important to us and we continue to follow guidelines from public health officials and government agencies. With recent changes and additional closures within Iowa we have made the following changes at Grand River Medical Group to continue to ensure the safety of you, our staff, and our community.
- Beginning March 28, 2020, we have implemented new hours of operation. Our primary and specialty care clinics will be open Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. this includes our Dermatology & Allergy Clinic (closed on Fridays), Family Medicine Clinic, Multi-Specialty Clinic, Nephrology & Hypertension Clinic, and Pediatric Clinic.
- Accompanying these changes in hours, a triage team and our Telehealth Acute Clinic will be available to answer your questions from 2:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Monday- Friday and Saturday & Sunday 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. To contact our triage team after hours, call (563) 557-3930. Our triage team will assist you with scheduling a telehealth visit with one of our acute care providers, scheduling an appointment at our Respiratory Clinic (if indicated), or getting you in touch with our on-call physician.
- Our family medicine providers have temporarily moved to accommodate our Respiratory Clinic. Patients of family medicine under the age of 18 will have their essential appointment at our Pediatric Clinic and patients 18 and older will go to our Multi-Specialty Clinic for their essential, in-office appointment.
- The Respiratory Clinic was created to help us continue to keep patients safe by having ill/sick patients be seen at one clinic location. If you have a fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, or are experiencing shortness of breath, body aches, headache, chills or fatigue contact our office. We have opened a Respiratory Clinic located in our normal Family Medicine Clinic location, 320 N. Grandview Ave. Suite D, Dubuque, IA 52001. To schedule an appointment with our Respiratory Clinic, contact our office at (563) 557-3930. We are open Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Saturday & Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- We also know that with the rising numbers of COVID-19 cases in Dubuque County many of you may be wondering if you should get tested. Please know that our office is doing everything we can to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We are following the guidelines provided by the Iowa Department of Public Health in conjunction with the CDC, for COVID-19 testing eligibility.
- We continue to ask that you CALL our offices BEFORE coming in for your appointment if you have a fever or respiratory symptoms, such as a cough or difficulty breathing and/or have traveled within the past 14 days or had close contact with a person that a lab confirmed to be infected with the new coronavirus (COVID-19). We are also limiting visitors and screening everyone at our secure points of entry into each clinic including patients, visitors, and staff.
- Lastly, we will be reaching out to reschedule any upcoming appointments that would be considered non-emergent in nature. If appropriate we may recommend rescheduling your appointment to a virtual visit, more commonly called a telehealth visit. A telehealth visit allows you to talk to your provider using your smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer from the comfort of your home. If you don’t have an internet connection, we are also offering select appointments by phone call. Contact your primary or specialty care provider to see if a telehealth or phone call visit is right for you!
As always, our office is here and ready to address your health care needs. We encourage you to do what you can to stay healthy—most importantly wash your hands regularly for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and water, keep your distance from others when possible, and eliminate any unnecessary trips outside the home.
We at Grand River appreciate the opportunity to serve you and be your health care provider of choice.
If you have questions, please call your primary care provider or login to your patient portal account to send a message to your provider. You can also learn more on our website at www.grmg.health.
Ronald Iverson, MD
Chief Executive Officer
Click here for the letter to our patients- 03/20/2020